Author Topic: Greetings from Australia  (Read 2373 times)

Offline JJ Marwan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lord Sheffield
  • Respect: +4181
    • Email
Re: Greetings from Australia
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 08:57:39 am »
Bienvenido al foro, saludos desde el Oeste de esta piel de toro llamada España.

Offline FML

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rocket Man
  • Respect: +129
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 10:59:28 pm »
FML : I have two mixed badger/boar Semogue brushes (2013 Mistura and 2012 Owners Club Special Edition) and I love them both. I don't have a pure boar brush. Is there a particular brush you would recommend above all others?
It is a matter of taste and personnal preference. For instance, SOC is regarded as the best boar brush, but you will find a good all around brushes in the Semogues 830 and 1305, or a firmer version in the Semogue 1800, or softer versions in the Semogues 1250 and 820.
If you like big brushes, the Semogue 2000 is a little taller and less denser/firmer than the SOC. If you like small brushes like the Mistura but with less splay, you have various models to choose, with a loft of 50mm and a firmer banded hair or a softer white/yellow hair.

The downside of boar is breaking in. Sometimes, months of daily shaving, like the SOC. But you will be regarded with a brush almost as soft as a best or silvertip badger, for a fraction of the price and some elbow grease.

I cannot recommend you one brush, as I stated, it is matter of taste, but I have almost one exemplar of the knots available from Semogue and I find myself using more the Semogue 830, perhaps because I like high lofts.

Offline Corto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Homem de Confiança
  • Respect: +849
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 01:19:00 am »
Welcome to Barbear Clássico, Draco Noir! It was a pleasure to read your personal tale of wet shaving experiences and from my little experience I certainly agree that the artist club blades and SE razors are just fantastic. I only have a Razorock Hawk that I use with Kai Mild (Pink) blades but it consistently gave me a fantastic and comfortable shave on both occasions that I used it. I know, I know. Small sample size and all that, but still true. ;)  About your Kamisoris, do you use proper straight razor Kamisori or the Artist Club ones?

And please make yourself at home and enjoy your stay!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal