Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 23811 times)

Offline Gago

• Monsieur Thiers Issard
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • D.Quijote de La Toja
  • Respect: +211
    • Email
Re: Hello all
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 06:32:56 pm »
Hello and welcome

Enviado por telepatia através do Tapatalk

Offline kooshman7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maçarico
  • Respect: +1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 01:55:18 am »
A picture of most of my Simpson brushes. A few got added and sold a few.

Offline kooshman7

• Maçarico
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 02:04:43 am »
Hopefully this will insert a photo of most of my Rooneys. The Emillion was sold, but wasn't the heyday Rooney anyhow. Added 2 other gems too since this picture was taken.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:12:01 am by kooshman7 »

Offline kooshman7

• Maçarico
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 02:22:18 am »
Someday I'll get around to taking more photos of what I have. Before I forget, there was a question about why I prefer 3-band Silvertip. In use I have a preference for using it as I enjoy the softness and density of the brush, and I can use it at anytime that I want to. Boar is nice to use, and I have several I enjoy, particularly Semogue. The only dislike I have there is it doesn't retain water well and it can dribble down the handle. The worst in that regard is synthetic. That material is crazy soft, but really too soft. They need more work in replicating the tips and having some presence felt like in 3-band silvertip. Horse hair is a fun alternative and doesn't really have the problem of dribbling water. I enjoy a brown hair I have very much, and would save the white hair when I haven't shaved a few days. The boar/badger mixtures are definitely a viable strategy, and Semogue does that best hands down. I have very soft 2-band Silvertips, and harsher feeling ones, but I can't use them back to back typically. I could get away with it on a few brushes, but not many. Still, they are excellent when you haven't shaved for some time! It's hard to explain my preference. Part of it is functional, but mostly I think it is a mental image association for me of when I think of a brush I think of 3-band badger in best or silvertip. Depending on the brush maker, pure can even sneak into there.

Offline guest5676345

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • No fio da navalha
  • Respect: +1655
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 07:39:14 am »
Wow. Nice colection.

Enviado do meu Power através do Tapatalk

Offline Rotiv

• Supermax Man
  • Respect: +485
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 07:58:35 am »
Welcome! Thank you for your presentation. Fell free to speak in English.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Offline Rotiv

• Supermax Man
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 08:06:56 am »
Someday I'll get around to taking more photos of what I have. Before I forget, there was a question about why I prefer 3-band Silvertip. In use I have a preference for using it as I enjoy the softness and density of the brush, and I can use it at anytime that I want to. Boar is nice to use, and I have several I enjoy, particularly Semogue. The only dislike I have there is it doesn't retain water well and it can dribble down the handle. The worst in that regard is synthetic. That material is crazy soft, but really too soft. They need more work in replicating the tips and having some presence felt like in 3-band silvertip. Horse hair is a fun alternative and doesn't really have the problem of dribbling water. I enjoy a brown hair I have very much, and would save the white hair when I haven't shaved a few days. The boar/badger mixtures are definitely a viable strategy, and Semogue does that best hands down. I have very soft 2-band Silvertips, and harsher feeling ones, but I can't use them back to back typically. I could get away with it on a few brushes, but not many. Still, they are excellent when you haven't shaved for some time! It's hard to explain my preference. Part of it is functional, but mostly I think it is a mental image association for me of when I think of a brush I think of 3-band badger in best or silvertip. Depending on the brush maker, pure can even sneak into there.
Have you tried the new Plisson synthetic? The Plisson synthetic Evolution? It’s harder in the tips and extremely soft when it sprays. Builds up leather like no other and plisson Says made to replicate the human hair and for me the best brush I’v tried.
Kind regards

Offline hjnr

• Devoto de São Martin de Candre
  • Respect: +816
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 10:43:30 am »
Wow, What a collection...so many and so beatifull.

And, if Bninho says it's a great collection, it's a great collection

Enviado do meu SM-G935F através do Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 10:45:04 am by hjnr »

Offline Latherão

• Realmente Musgo
  • Respect: +1618
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 01:48:05 am »
Amazing collection! Very tasteful! No psychedelic handles or strange colors. And we can see some classic and priceless somerset gems over there!

Congratulations are truly in order!

Offline kooshman7

• Maçarico
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2019, 02:05:37 am »
I have to laugh as I just picked up a Tigris Perla Samurai today. I don't usually go for the strange handle colors, but I have some here and there that manage to catch my eye. There's a Semogue beauty I got recently I'll really need to remember to share when it arrives. I think it is the first Semogue LE to be introduced unless something before that. 

I haven't tried the Plisson Evolution. I'll have to keep that on my radar for some time as the hair does indeed look interesting. I can go overboard on brushes, so I try to control my purchases. When I buy one brush it seems to be quickly followed by several others.

Offline XF-17

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Leve como uma Feather
  • O Indiana Jones de produtos portugueses
  • Respect: +922
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2019, 04:08:34 am »
I have to laugh as I just picked up a Tigris Perla Samurai today. I don't usually go for the strange handle colors, but I have some here and there that manage to catch my eye. There's a Semogue beauty I got recently I'll really need to remember to share when it arrives. I think it is the first Semogue LE to be introduced unless something before that.

I haven't tried the Plisson Evolution. I'll have to keep that on my radar for some time as the hair does indeed look interesting. I can go overboard on brushes, so I try to control my purchases. When I buy one brush it seems to be quickly followed by several others.
Yes, it's.

Congratulation.

May be this?!

Enviado do meu MAR-LX1A através do Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 04:12:11 am by XF-17 »
"A música é a mais elevada forma de arte. É também a mais nobre. É emoção humana, capturada, cristalisada e encastrada - e depois passada a outros."

Offline Rotiv

• Supermax Man
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2019, 01:44:06 pm »

Well ZF-17  is keen on brushes, like you, so you’ll get along.
As for myself I have very few but one is the Plisson Evolution and I just love that brush.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Offline kooshman7

• Maçarico
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2019, 01:37:58 am »
It is indeed XF-17! Just took arrival of it today. It needs to have some neatsfoot oil applied as it has some superficial separation spots appearing. It looks a bit worse than what it is to the naked eye, but under a jewelers loupe you can see it is more of a slight separation. I feel the neatsfoot will help a lot.

Offline XF-17

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Leve como uma Feather
  • O Indiana Jones de produtos portugueses
  • Respect: +922
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2019, 02:23:27 am »
It is indeed XF-17! Just took arrival of it today. It needs to have some neatsfoot oil applied as it has some superficial separation spots appearing. It looks a bit worse than what it is to the naked eye, but under a jewelers loupe you can see it is more of a slight separation. I feel the neatsfoot will help a lot.
I send you a pm.

Enviado do meu MAR-LX1A através do Tapatalk

"A música é a mais elevada forma de arte. É também a mais nobre. É emoção humana, capturada, cristalisada e encastrada - e depois passada a outros."

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal