Author Topic: Pincel Semogue 2012 : primeiras fotos.  (Read 26318 times)

Offline Lusitano

• Moderador Global
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lord Sheffield
  • Respect: +40
Re:Pincel Semogue 2012 : primeiras fotos.
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2013, 05:34:13 pm »
As próximas fotos serão com o pincel plenamente carregado.

Essas é que queremos ver  :)

Offline kooze

• Maçarico
  • Respect: 0
Re: Pincel Semogue 2012 : primeiras fotos.
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2013, 12:54:21 pm »
este pode ser meu pincel favorito. Eu gostei muito, eu comprei um backup :)

I posted a slight review on another form, comparing this brush with another semogue mixed-knot.

I was recently asked to post my opinion on mixed-knots. I am running short on time, but will make some observations in this thread until I do a full review on the Semogue 2012 LE.

i have both TSN LE and Semogue 2012 SE. Both are by Semogue. I believe the TSN is 22 mm and the 2012 LE is 24mm. The 2012 SE is more fan shaped which I prefer, while I'd say TSN LE is more of a hybrid shaped knot.

ive owned over 20 brushes in my short traditional wet shaving journey. I started with boar, bought a bunch of "higher-end" badgers and have had plenty of bst sales.

One of my favorite brushes is the soc 2012 LE. The 24 mm mixed-knot is awesome. It has the stiffness and backbone which I like from boars. In addition, it is soft and retains heat and water like my badgers. I was a member of the 2013 sabbatical and wanted one very badly. I was fortunate to trade my minty onotoman replated fatboy for one, and didn't give it a 2nd thought.
I like this brush better than my soc 2-band (i think), as i am staring to prefer fan-shaped brushes, and it is a little less dense, providing for better flow-through while certainly maintaining density.

I recently posted a thread in the shopping and deals thread for a scratch and dent (no packaging) 2012 LE and a new tabac shave stick for $50- which I thought was a steal. in fact, I was shaking b/c it was such a good price (originally offerred for $75 by many vendors). When I learned (perhaps incorrectly, I still don't know) that klar kabinette was to be/ has been discontinued, I said I'm in- again. This is the only brush I have a backup of. Yes that's right- I have 2.

I can only think that the reason the brush was not an immediate sell out was two-fold.
One, the brush was offerred in the same style handle as the 2011 LE's, which annoyed some people. Some also found that handle too clunky, and I reectfully disagree.
Two) there recently was TSN LE mixed-knot offering (and a few other "LE) brushes which became a bit overwhelming. TSN LE is a bit more of a hybrid and perhaps is a bit denser. Although I will never sell my TSN LE, I believe due to the shape and size of the SOS 2012 LE, I prefer it more than that offerred to TSN members.

i for one love that we have so many excellent options in many different price categories. With so many artisan custom brush makers (I'm looking at you Rudy, although there are many whom I've read do excellent work), the emergence of synthetics becoming a viable alternative as well as boars and badgers from "traditional" and high-end makers, its a good time to enjoy the benefits of our hobby/ choice as to the way we shave.   

Offline Gago

• Monsieur Thiers Issard
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • D.Quijote de La Toja
  • Respect: +211
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2013, 02:28:20 pm »
este pode ser meu pincel favorito. Eu gostei muito, eu comprei um backup :)

I posted a slight review on another form, comparing this brush with another semogue mixed-knot.

I was recently asked to post my opinion on mixed-knots. I am running short on time, but will make some observations in this thread until I do a full review on the Semogue 2012 LE.

i have both TSN LE and Semogue 2012 SE. Both are by Semogue. I believe the TSN is 22 mm and the 2012 LE is 24mm. The 2012 SE is more fan shaped which I prefer, while I'd say TSN LE is more of a hybrid shaped knot.

ive owned over 20 brushes in my short traditional wet shaving journey. I started with boar, bought a bunch of "higher-end" badgers and have had plenty of bst sales.

One of my favorite brushes is the soc 2012 LE. The 24 mm mixed-knot is awesome. It has the stiffness and backbone which I like from boars. In addition, it is soft and retains heat and water like my badgers. I was a member of the 2013 sabbatical and wanted one very badly. I was fortunate to trade my minty onotoman replated fatboy for one, and didn't give it a 2nd thought.
I like this brush better than my soc 2-band (i think), as i am staring to prefer fan-shaped brushes, and it is a little less dense, providing for better flow-through while certainly maintaining density.

I recently posted a thread in the shopping and deals thread for a scratch and dent (no packaging) 2012 LE and a new tabac shave stick for $50- which I thought was a steal. in fact, I was shaking b/c it was such a good price (originally offerred for $75 by many vendors). When I learned (perhaps incorrectly, I still don't know) that klar kabinette was to be/ has been discontinued, I said I'm in- again. This is the only brush I have a backup of. Yes that's right- I have 2.

I can only think that the reason the brush was not an immediate sell out was two-fold.
One, the brush was offerred in the same style handle as the 2011 LE's, which annoyed some people. Some also found that handle too clunky, and I reectfully disagree.
Two) there recently was TSN LE mixed-knot offering (and a few other "LE) brushes which became a bit overwhelming. TSN LE is a bit more of a hybrid and perhaps is a bit denser. Although I will never sell my TSN LE, I believe due to the shape and size of the SOS 2012 LE, I prefer it more than that offerred to TSN members.

i for one love that we have so many excellent options in many different price categories. With so many artisan custom brush makers (I'm looking at you Rudy, although there are many whom I've read do excellent work), the emergence of synthetics becoming a viable alternative as well as boars and badgers from "traditional" and high-end makers, its a good time to enjoy the benefits of our hobby/ choice as to the way we shave.   

Glad to read that. Mine arrived yesterday  ;D

Offline kooze

• Maçarico
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2013, 04:12:18 pm »
Gago,

Please post your thoughts once you have used it for awhile.  Enjoy your new brush!

Offline Gago

• Monsieur Thiers Issard
  • D.Quijote de La Toja
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2013, 04:28:55 pm »
Gago,

Please post your thoughts once you have used it for awhile.  Enjoy your new brush!

Sure i will!

IMHO it´s the most beautiful brush EVER. Now let´s see if the perfomance is also great  ;D ( i think i nknow the answer)

Offline Dr. Leckter

• Arkoólico anónimo
  • ..reality is for people who do not have internet..
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2013, 09:18:03 pm »
Olá confrades,

Hoje tive com esse pincel em mãos do nosso confrade Gago, só vejo forma de ser melhor se houvesse um SOC 2 Band com esse cabo aí, mas acho isso complicado...

Hi confrere,

Today I had with this brush in the hands of our confrere Gago, only see how to be better if there was a SOC 2 Band with this cable there, but I find it difficult...
The nail that sticks out is the first to be hammered...

Offline Gago

• Monsieur Thiers Issard
  • D.Quijote de La Toja
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2013, 09:19:58 pm »
Esse cabo realmente é SINISTRO! ahuhuahua

Um Soc 2-band com esse cabo era O Pincel. The Brush to rule then all !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal