Author Topic: [REVIEW] Truefitt & Hill Grafton Shaving Cream Bowl  (Read 3895 times)

Offline ischiapp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lucky Tiger
  • True BBS
  • Respect: +1923
    • Pierpaolo's G+
    • Email
[REVIEW] Truefitt & Hill Grafton Shaving Cream Bowl
« on: February 13, 2017, 12:25:07 pm »
+1
Producer:
Truefitt & Hill

Model:
Grafton Shaving Cream

Pros +:
Fragrance, packaging

Cons -:
Return, Price

Packaging:
Extremely valuable secondary storage, both in the carton and graphics and color.
Nice plastic package, with intermediate protective tab, and good grip of the screw cap thanks to small lateral fins.
Light, not being a double layer, but solid. Seems not give any problem, either in use and in storage.
Generous (190g / 6,7oz) content, for a long pleasure.

Price:
The price of the manufacturer, at the time, is £17.00 or just under €20,00.
Reaching in the medium to high-end, and having a more distinct fragrance quality than the direct competitor Geo F. Trumper, especially considering the generous amount of the package, I consider the product exactly positioned in the right trading band.
I think there are so many others in the range €100/kg that are worth equally and probably have a much better performance, not being in soft cream.
Personally I used a double promotion of Gifts & Care shop, taking the Gift Set (Cream, Balm and Cologne) which already is cheaper by more than 20%, having a direct benefit of 40% on average of the three. So if I can not account it cheap, this time me have allowed without losing too much.

INCI:
Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Linalool, Citronellol, Buthylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Isomethyl Alpha-Ionone.
Virtually an almost faithful GFT copy:
Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-Ionone Isomethyl.
Reading all this "good things", I can only remember why I took this product: the fragrance.
Also because I do not love the soft creams, in which there is a reckless amount of water.
On the other hand, the formulation is very balanced.
Personally I have no problem to use synthetic substances, if quality and well used, as in this case.

Quality:
The cream is high quality, with a pearly appearance, and almost gelled soft texture. Much lighter than Proraso or Palmolive.
Even at the opening of the jar, and much more to the process, gives off a distinct and powerful fragrance, in proportion to the amount used.
It almost seems like its colony, and very similar in strength to its balm.

Lathering:
It is super-soft, and super-watery, virtually mounts alone. Just pay attention to the point of water, very low.
And also to the quantity used, since it is easy to overload the brush. Advice of the pick targeted 1 or 2g, with a teaspoon or the like.
Nevertheless it likes a certain work to better express all the qualities.
The first use, bewitched by the fragrance, I have taken with my finger covering a large part of the face ... and it took a lot to work it, having to add many times a little water each time until the perfect emulsification. And thus creating a mount of foam, way beyond my needs.
Being particularly prone to seizure, given the softness, it is recommended that a medium-sized synthetic.
In FL, absolutely convenient has been the use of the FS PurTech, as well as Omega S10065.
I have not found benefits in dense brush with a strong backbone. Quite the contrary.

Foam:
With very little water added, well-processed, the foam explodes full-bodied and well covering.
Not a lot in volume (due to water in the first place dell'INCI), with the gram used as a reference, but more than enough for the three classical pass.
cushion effect more than sufficient, albeit without a high consistency, and good lubrication even in case of free blades as straight or shavette.
Good, as virtually all other ... from Palmolive forward.

Freshness:
The total absence of menthol and similar should not be understood as an absence of freshness, but only as a type of diversity.
It is not the classic summer fragrance, definitely. But personally I think is good all year round.

Fragrance:
The manufacturer defines this pyramid.
Top notes of Lavender, Lemon and Basil
Heart of Wood, Cedar, Incense and Rose
Base of Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka, Amber, Musk
Some of these I do not love, but having read that the cologne looks a lot like TOBS Mr.Taylors and Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel, but with distinct character and lasting differences, I tried it and have been well rewarded.
Green notes, slightly metallic and citrus, are predominant at every stage, even if expanded as balsamic and floral tones to finish in a rich musky amber and woods without too many spices and oriental tones. All this leaves a balanced herbaceous scent, fougere, powdery, woody and amber.
Hard to explain, but it reminds me a walk on a summer day in a hilly pine forest undergrowth in the sea area.
Especially after using its balm and cologne.

Effectiveness:
Not seeking additional functions as well as a good mechanical means, I find it to be effective and also efficient.
And not having abnormal sensitivity to various reactive components, however clear nell'INCI, I had no difficulty.
As before, I find good as all the other starting from Palmolive.

Moisturizing:
Virtually absent.
Those who choose this type of product, surely he does otherwise than for formulation characteristics.

Findings:
Very appreciable, considering the purpose of my purchase: a complete set of the same fragrance, which I find excellent.
Having of necessity, or if desired, more complex instruments and performance both from the mechanical point of view that eudermal, I recommend other products.
Or are they also looking for a better cost / benefit ratio, where the discriminant is the price.
But focusing the fragrance, the only valid is this. And on this basis, I consider very valuable.

Image:
http://ilrasoio.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=68&image_id=46773
http://ilrasoio.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=68&image_id=46774
http://ilrasoio.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=68&image_id=46775
http://ilrasoio.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=68&image_id=46776

Insights:
T&H Grafton Cologne
T&H Grafton Shaving Cream Bowl
T&H Grafton | ShaveSoaps Review
T&H Grafton | Amazon Customer Review
Truefitt & Hill Grafton Shaving Cream | MEN'S BIZ Customer Review
Truefitt & Hill "Grafton" | Review Tailor & Barber