Author Topic: Beer Soap Brewery Company  (Read 3423 times)

Offline ischiapp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lucky Tiger
  • True BBS
  • Respect: +1923
    • Pierpaolo's G+
    • Email
Beer Soap Brewery Company
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:34:13 pm »
This artisan blend two products I love so much ... tallow based soap with beer.

The reason is interesting: Kevin@BSBC
Why beer in a shave soap? If made with the right ingredients, handmade shaving soap can provide you with a great shave, but beer serves a purpose. Simply put, we have found that using beer instead of water helps to increase lather, and in our experience, beer will make lathering a little bit easier. This is no trade secret, as soapers have been adding sugar to their recipes for years to increase lather, and of course, beer is made with lots of fermentable sugars. In addition to lather production, beer is loaded with hops. Hops are made up of antioxidants, polyphenols, resins, essential oils, amino-acids, and humulone. Humulone in hops can have an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. Plus, you get to shave with your favorite beer! We have been making shaving soap for years, and we believe that the composition of ingredients in our shave soaps will give you a great shave.  First, our shave soaps are tallow based.  Our primary ingredient is beef tallow which will yield a dense, thick, and slippery lather. In addition to tallow, we have chosen the right combination of oils and butters to help our soap deliver a stable lather with plenty of cushion that will leave your skin feeling soft.

In addition to oils and butters, we also add extra glycerin and kaolin clay. Glycerin is a humectant which will help attract and retain moisture, and Kaolin Clay is a mild clay that has been used for hundreds of years in facial mask to help detoxify and cleanse. Many shave experts believe that this clay will also add a little extra slip to the lather.

Each soap is made with beer, saponified oils of (Beef Tallow, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Stearic Acid, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Fragrance, and Kaolin Clay.) We use Sodium Hydroxide and Potassium Hydroxide. We only use the hot process method of soap making for our shaving soaps.

Kevin@TSN
I opened my site in October 2013 selling just my bath soaps, and now that I have that side of the business stable, it's time to work on the shaving soap side, which is the main reason I started this adventure. I have received great feedback from local merchants who sell my shave soaps, and I hope that you guys will enjoy as well.

All of my soaps are unique in that they are all made with Beer. I take beer from all over the world, and then I develop bath and shaving soaps out of them. My bath soaps and my shave soaps do not use the same ingredients, because a good bath soap does not make a great shave soap.
We use a variety of beers including some craft beers that are sold here in Alabama. The soaps are shipped as Pucks that measure 3" X 1", and they are approx. 4 ounces wrapped in filter paper.

Currently there are 4 scents available, but I will be releasing several more shortly.

Really nice is the choice of fragrance and complementary beer: http://beersoapbrewingcompany.com/shaving-soap/

Bay Rum made from Red Stripe - $10,00 / 4oz
Bay Rum is a staple in any shave den, and this soap will not disappoint. Jamaican Lager is the beer of choice here, and you will get scents of Bay, Citrus, and a touch of Spice.

Lime and Black Pepper made from Corona - $9,50 / 4oz
This soap has notes of lime with a base of spicy black pepper.

Italian Bergamot and Patchouli made from Peroni - $10,00 / 4oz
Peroni, an Italian beer, is highlighted with Italian Bergamot, and is anchored with a base note of White Patchouli. A touch of Basil has been added to round out this scent to give it a little more depth. If you are looking for a classic shave scent, this is it.

Spearmint & Eucalyptus made from Fosters - $10,00 / 4oz
If you are looking for a sweeter scent, this is it. The predominant note here is Australian Spearmint. This mint has less menthol than others, and we have rounded out this scent with a hint of Ginger and Peppermint.  Eucalyptus has been added to balance out this scent.

Samples and Tins Are Coming Soon!
We only ship to continental USA, but shipping outside of CONUSA will be made available very soon! (updated 01/15/2014)
We ship via USPS using standard and priority shipping (depending on size of order)

Due to the nature of the products we sell, we cannot accept returns.  If you are unhappy with your purchase, please reach out to us via the Contact Page
Onde há um grande desejo, não pode haver grande dificuldade - Maquiavel
O tradutor fala por mim. Saudações de Ischia, Pierpaolo @ ischiapp.blogspot.com

Offline goaman

• Moderador Emérito
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Astra-ólogo
  • Luxury Wetshaver - Master Enabler
  • Respect: +157
    • Facebook
Re: Beer Soap Brewery Company
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 11:01:41 pm »
I need this soaps so much....  :'( :'(

;D ;D ;D ;D
"Male by birth, man by age, gentleman by choice."

REGRAS DO FÓRUM   ¤   A MINHA "EVANGELIZAÇÃO" CERVEJEIRA

Offline secretum

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Supermax Man
  • PT - Coimbra
  • Respect: +32
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 11:23:37 pm »
I need this soaps so much....  :'( :'(

;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL
só se alguém de USA os enviar para PT,  porque pelos vistos eles não o fazem ainda :)

Offline JLTG

• Aspirante a ajudante de auxiliar de aprendiz
  • Moderador Emérito
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • D.Quijote de La Toja
  • Respect: +26
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:03:31 am »
E se enviarem para o Brasil, compro!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:04:34 pm by JL »
José Luís Tomé Gonçalves

“Elogie em público e corrija em particular. Um líder corrige sem ofender e orienta sem humilhar." - Mario Sergio Cortella

“Se cortar, espirra sangue!” - José Luiz da Costa Gonçalves

Offline ischiapp

• Lucky Tiger
  • True BBS
    • Pierpaolo's G+
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 05:25:04 pm »
On 2014.01.25 will be available sample.
http://shavenook.com/thread-please-welcome-beer-soap-brewing-company?pid=338406#pid338406

Maybe international shipping too ... :-[ ::) ???
I'll check. ;D

Offline brg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Astra-ólogo
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 06:40:12 pm »
Mandatory Korpiklaani reference :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEGAdEGnqKA
...from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

Offline ischiapp

• Lucky Tiger
  • True BBS
    • Pierpaolo's G+
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 06:58:31 pm »
 ;D

Offline FatSlim

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Devoto de São Martin de Candre
  • Shaving... the 40th Millennium way!
  • Respect: +6
    • My Shaving Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 11:57:06 pm »
Mandatory Korpiklaani reference :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEGAdEGnqKA

You Sir, are a truly gentleman... Thank you Sir.
My Shaving Youtube Channel

"A diferença entre o barbear moderno e o tradicional é como viajar por uma auto-estrada ou por uma nacional. Na primeira vais mais rápido mas pagas portagens. Na segunda vais mais devagar, mas aprecias a viagem"

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal