Author Topic: The Shaving Shop  (Read 2485 times)

Offline ischiapp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lucky Tiger
  • True BBS
  • Respect: +1923
    • Pierpaolo's G+
    • Email
The Shaving Shop
« on: June 30, 2016, 05:06:54 pm »
"The Bohemian": A Stunning Beauty

This is the first one I wanted to try, with cannabis ... and of course is stupefying. :D :D :D
Given the complexity of the fragrance (Cannabis, Rose, Sandalwood, Patchouli and Madagascar Pepper), it is very difficult to find some similar reference.
And even my sense of smell has difficulty focusing the details. I'm sure that's just damn good.
Contrary to initial, various days of experience highlighted a fresh and slightly spicy aroma.
Valid at all times and seasons, due to the perfect balance found between all the components.
Persistence is an added value that struck me: minimally invasive, virtually zero ghosting, but very durable.
Exactly my favorite kind.

Throughout the past week so far I have only used this, and found good mechanical properties.
It needs more water than I expected being a vegetable product, but the work is more than repaid.
Foam with microbubbles is very dense and very compact, it produces adequate protection with all the razors family I know.
In fact, not being particularly greasy, I wanted to try all the different types of brushes and razors I have.
Always the same result, regardless of setup: comfort during and after shaving, good depth and duration.
Also the yield and better than good, as on average I used less than 1g of product for complete shaving (WTG, ATG, touches).
Of particular note is the dry finish that left me, desired result that normally require aftershave products for my experience.
Instead with this semi-hard soap it is all automatic and fast, with a further advantage.

Recommend to non-comformist people. But I think it is also suitable for various other categories. ;)
Onde há um grande desejo, não pode haver grande dificuldade - Maquiavel
O tradutor fala por mim. Saudações de Ischia, Pierpaolo @ ischiapp.blogspot.com

Offline rveladas

• Homem de Confiança
  • Respect: +603
    • Email
Re: The Shaving Shop
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 09:59:54 pm »
Any pics?

Offline ischiapp

• Lucky Tiger
  • True BBS
    • Pierpaolo's G+
    • Email
Re: The Shaving Shop
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 06:03:36 pm »
Any pics?
Pic??? Can you find in SOTD ... but I'm not good at all as photo maker.

Here is better to speak about what is inside the box. ;)

Offline ischiapp

• Lucky Tiger
  • True BBS
    • Pierpaolo's G+
    • Email
The Shaving Soap "Piña Colada": Summer Hit
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 06:07:02 pm »
From the first use, I can confirm that Pina Colada is another winner.
Of course, for the particular sweet and fruity kind (Pineapple, Coconut), it is not an easy product.
But the preponderance of pineapple, in the famous cocktail is 3:1, with its acidity softens oily buttery coconut.
Perhaps too much for my taste, which would have preferred a 2:1 or even higher ratio ...: I love the sweet fragrances.
But the base note is the coconut, with its joyful summer fragrance, without remembering absolutely certain shoddy sun cream.
Definitely great in this period.

The mechanical characteristics are very similar to the previous KSW.
Slightly hungry for the wealth of vegetable fats, which with due work give off a good lather.
More compact, also lubricant and protective.
Small difference on my skin the effect of postshave comfort is a little lower.
In fact, I preferred to use an aftershave, which with the previous I have never felt the need to use.

For fans of the genre, certainly a valuable tool.
Unfortunately the smell did not meet perfectly my tastes, but it was absolutely valid to push me to see others KShaveWorx products. ;)

Offline ischiapp

• Lucky Tiger
  • True BBS
    • Pierpaolo's G+
    • Email
The Shaving Shop "Barbershop Poivre Rosé": Intoxicating
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 02:37:22 pm »
It's a few days I use soap and aftershave.
It will be for the warm season, will be for the strange structure of the soap, will be for the yield, will be by the power of the fragrance ... but this just I have not loved.

The warm period certainly does not invite to use a fragrance like that, deliberately spiced and equally complex.
The top notes are high-impact, with a Pink Pepper dominating on everything, but without its sweetest notes ... feels strangely very hot and spicy.
Violet, Geranium, Rose is an interesting idea but unclear and especially little perceived, not to mention Lemon and Clary Sage ... then the whole body notes are quite nebulous.
Well shown the base note of Nutmeg, Vanilla, especially Amber and Patchouli.
So to extreme simplification, to my nose I feel Pepper (almost Black one) and Patchouli ... which is not exactly the kind of spice that I love.
But above all I do not like that a valid theory project is put into practice in a powerful way but not checked in details.

Another detail that intrigued me was the structure: is not a soft cream, is not a semi-hard soap but it is a hybrid.
My sample is a soft cream with semi-hard soap disperse within.
This necessitated me no little attention to find the correct method of lathering, and its point of water:
• in FL I have consumed too much, easily finding the water point
• in BL I had difficulty finding the balance, and the result was therefore a little frustrating
• the right half was with LH, but with a little more than elbow grease and a very valuable synthetic loft
On this basis, today I had the best of this soap.
Foam not really compact, but enough lubricant for not giving any problem to shaving.
Normal postshave, definitely enhanced by his aftershave.

Given the structure, the yield is low accordingly.
It seems to use some soft and superfragrant creams: you have to be careful not to end up in a few shaves, and especially avoid the aroma explode throughout the houses.
The problem is finding the right balance between these two phenomena.

Last detail that I did not understand, specially in aftershave more than soap, is the power of the fragrance: a thermonuclear bomb.
Notably the poor balance in the olfactory pyramid, the result is a lightning and uncontrolled flash that some will appreciate.
I personally believe we need a strong balance between strenght and control, which creates harmony. Here I do not see it.

In short, perfect product for lovers of strong smelling soaps, to work with super-soft beasty brush and quickly finish.

Offline ischiapp

• Lucky Tiger
  • True BBS
    • Pierpaolo's G+
    • Email
The Shaving Shop "Francisco"
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 01:51:45 pm »
As Peter says jokingly, the nickname is Paco. LOL
In fact, it tries to play the famous perfume, Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, which in 1975 received the award from the Fragrance Foundation.
One of my favorite scents, I used it for years. And this soap reminds me very close.

The top notes (Rosemary, Clary Sage, Rosewood Brazilian), are clear and decided, with a tinge of resinous herb base.
The heart notes (Tonka Bean, Lavender, Geranium) I find them quite floral, less warm than original perfume in which also I can feels green tobacco.
The base notes (Honey, Amber, Moss Animal, Spices, Oak Moss), soften and balance the whole thing making it absolutely harmonious.
This is obtained perfectly by soft formulation, almost cream, which allows the fragrance to express in all its classical extension, very elegant.

The formulation is simple and efficient. The same as other great products of the same craftsman, like Success, The Deal Maker, Classic.
INCI: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Jojoba, Sodium Lactate and Glycerin
The consistency allows an easy load, which is transformed into a lathering just as fast: very little water, few swils (in the face for me) and explodes a magnificent microbubbles structure, very compact and durable. Equally lubricant, good "pillow effect", good comfort both during and after.

Today, given also to the rest of the setup, the result was perfect enough to not have had to use even accessories treatments .
Comfort and above all the depth, half a day after, are still full as just shaved.
For me, I passed with flying colors !!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal